Be Empowered. Get Relief.
From our first meeting together you should leave our office with a feeling that you have realistic options, feeling empowered that your life can and will be much better.
I am committed to getting to know you and your financial goals. We’ll spend the time it takes to understand your situation and your concerns. I’ll explain your options for getting immediate and long-term relief from your debts, and will answer all your questions about these options. You’ll get your financial life back into your own hands.
Call for a Free Confidential Consultation
Bankruptcy Attorney in Portland, Christopher Kane, specializes in bankruptcy law and is committed to helping you make it through the Oregon bankruptcy process quickly, and easily, with the dignity you deserve.
Portland Bankruptcy Attorneys found creditors and the collection agencies want you to believe that filing bankruptcy under state and federal law is an excuse for poor choices and avoiding responsibilities. This is simply not the case.
“Thank you so much for all your help Chris. I was rather intimidated (and embarrassed as I’m sure many people are) with the whole situation but you made me feel at ease without making me feel ashamed. I had heard stories from a coworker who went through bankruptcy and apparently didn’t have as pleasant an experience with his attorney. If for any reason I know of someone who needs your help I’ll send them your way.” Lynn P. Portland
Bankruptcy laws on the state and federal level are designed to protect hardworking people like you in times outside of your direct control. Your personal bankruptcy lawyer in Portland will help you navigate your rights under the legal system as well as the Oregon state and federal bankruptcy code.
No one expects to be in an economic strait, suddenly unemployed or stuck in a serious financial situation. This is why we are here to help. At our Portland bankruptcy law office, our goal is simple – get you back on your feet and on with your life. We do this through either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy law and have helped, and are helping, many with the process.
How to find the right Portland bankruptcy attorney
Thinking of filing bankruptcy can bring up many questions and worries. Trying to choose the right bankruptcy lawyer to help you going through the filing steps can be overwhelming. There are numerous Oregon bankruptcy attorneys to choose from.
I give my personal promise that my sole goal is to compassionately give you the necessary time and attention to your case that you need and deserve. I listen, explain and work to help you reach financial independence from crushing debt that necessitates for Portland bankruptcy action.
Let me share how bankruptcy is a legal and ethical option and can help you by schedule a free consultation to get all the answers you need. And remember there is no pressure to commit to filing bankruptcy!
How can I be sure filing for bankruptcy in Portland the right decision for me?
Every case is different, and we approach each client this way. Generally, filing for bankruptcy comes down to helping you with the following situations:
- Ceasing salary and wage garnishment.
- Stopping the foreclosure process on a home.
- Eliminate annoying and harassing phone calls.
- End abuse on the part of collection agencies.
- Protect the home utilities from shutting off.
- Protect your car from repossession.
- Return your car to you in the case of repossession.
- Pay unpaid child support.
- Ending lawsuits
- Protecting your driver’s license.
How can I be certain I am making the best choice for myself and my family?
Like we said, every case is individual. There is no one size fits all in the bankruptcy legal process. The first step in filing for personal bankruptcy is making a call to our office and scheduling a free initial consultation with a personal bankruptcy attorney here in Portland. This can be accomplished either over the phone or in-person in our conveniently located offices in Portland. This initial consultation will take approximately one full hour and will cover most of the following topics:
- What is your reasoning for considering personal bankruptcy?
- Do you own property? Is that property up for seizure?
- What is your total income? Weekly, monthly, annually?
- Do you have any recent financial transactions?
- Is bankruptcy a solution for you?
We will also discuss the following topics:
- Will this process be successful for you.
- The bankruptcy process from start to conclusion.
- All the information and documentation necessary for filing.
- What will happen at the bankruptcy hearing.
- The expected fees and costs for your bankruptcy.
You are an individual, a human being, and someone who deserves dignity and respect no matter the legal situation.
As an Oregon Bankruptcy Lawyer, I am dedicated to always be ready to discuss these issues and topics with you. Call or email us if you think bankruptcy is the right decision for you.
Chris Kane, Attorney at Law
- Oregon native
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Portland State University in 1991
- Juris Doctor degree from Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark College in 1994
- Member of the Oregon State Bar, admitted to practice in both state and federal courts in the State of Oregon
- Have always focused on helping “the little guy”
- Have represented many hundreds of individuals and small businesses in many areas of the law in both state and federal courts, including:
- Social Security disability law
- landlord/tenant relations
- employment law
- consumer protection law
- estate planning
- business entity formation and consulting
- Primarily focused since 2001 on bankruptcy law and other debt relief solutions for individuals and small businesses
- At current location in Northeast Portland since 2005
- Also regularly represent clients in the areas of business law, estate planning, and real estate investment transactions
Portland Bankruptcy Law Blog
My goal is to empower families and business to overcome financial problems. One important step in that is to provide website visitors with accurate, accessible, and enlightening information about the bankruptcy laws. You’ll find a tremendous amount of that information on my Portland Bankruptcy Law Blog.
As you read my blog posts please recognize that every person’s case is unique. It really does take someone with years of intensive day-to-day professional experience to be able to counsel you effectively about bankruptcy and the many other interrelated laws at play. The law does provide powerful and practical remedies, as the blog and the rest of this website demonstrate. I hope that this information is helpful and hopeful. Please contact me to learn how you, your family and/or business can have financial peace.